BES PTA Minutes – June 6, 2017
The Bannockburn Elementary School PTA met on June 6, 2017 at the Bannockburn Elementary School (BES). PTA Co-President Heather Kraus called the meeting to order at 6:38 p.m.
In attendance: There were 38 participants, including BES Principal Kate Bradley, BES Art Teacher Leah Ellert, and BES Crossing Guard Stacy Sauter.
- PTA Co-Presidents Ms. Kraus and Marget Maurer welcomed everyone to the meeting, the last PTA meeting of the 2016-2017 school year.
PTA Presidents’ Report
- Ms. Kraus presented the May 2, 2017 PTA minutes. Allie Ammerman moved to approve the minutes; Shannon Rosenthal seconded the move. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote. Past PTA Meeting Minutes are available online at: http://www.bannockburn-pta.org/aboutourpta/ptaminutes.html.
- Ms. Kraus and Ms. Maurer noted the retirement of Crossing Guard Ms. Sauter and presented her with a small token of appreciation for her many years of keeping BES children safe.
- Ms. Kraus and Ms. Maurer presented the following PTA Annual Awards:
- Outstanding PTA Volunteer of the Year: Stephanie Pelmoter
- PTA Staff Appreciation Award: Leah Ellert
- BES PTA Hall of Fame Award: Jill Holland and Jacinta Bronte-Tinkew
- Ms. Kraus noted the outgoing 2016-2017 PTA Executive Board Members and thanked them for their service.
- Ms. Kraus presented the slate of officers for next year’s PTA, as members had been notified of the proposed slate at the May 2017 PTA meeting, although there were two proposed changes.
- The first proposal was that the second co-president’s position be split between Erin and Matt Polak. Allison Leotta moved that they be added as co-presidents; Bonnie Noonan seconded the motion. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote.
- The second addition added Laura Miller as the VP of In-School Activities; Kathy Hurld moved to add Ms. Miller and Ms. Polak seconded the motion. The addition was approved unanimously by voice vote.
- The full slate of 2017-2018 PTA Executive Board Members was then presented for a vote. Stephanie Pelmoter moved that the entire slate be approved; Laurie Blount seconded the motion. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote. The 2017-2018 officers are:
Marget Maurer, Co-President
Erin Polak and Matt Polak, Co-Presidents
Tim Yehl, Treasurer
Allison Leotta, Secretary
Rodica Retezar, VP of Social
Christy Stults, VP of Social
Allie Ammerman, VP of Communications – Membership
Terri Payne, VP of Communications – Directory
Setareh Ghandehari, VP of Community Service
Jen Jordan, VP of Community Service
Laura Miller, VP of In-School Activities
Rachel Landau, VP of Before and After School Activities (Clubs)
Tanya Sisler, VP of Before and After School Activities (Clubs)
Brian Moore, MCCPTA Delegate
Sheara Krvaric, MCCPTA Delegate
Susan Eagle, Cluster Representative
Catherine Bise, Cluster Representative
Kate Griffin, Assistant Treasurer
Heather Kraus, President Emeritas
Vacant, VPs of Fundraising
- Ms. Maurer presented the revised PTA Bylaws, noting the addition of a formal position of “VP of Community Service”. Ms. Miller moved that the Bylaws be approved; Ms. Rosenthal seconded the motion. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote.
PTA Committee Reports
- Tim Yehl presented Treasurer’s Report, noting that spending was on track with projections. He presented the 2017-2018 budget and moved that it be approved; Ms. Leotta seconded the motion. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote.
- There were no other committee reports.
- Ms. Bradley presented her State of the School Report.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
Bonnie Noonan, June 2017