PTA Meeting Minutes March 6, 2018
The Bannockburn Elementary School PTA met on March 6, 2018 at the Bannockburn Elementary School (BES). PTA Co-President Marget Maurer called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.
In attendance: There were 21 participants, including members of the PTA Board.
Welcome and PTA Co-President’s Reports:
- PTA Co-President Marget Maurer welcomed everyone and presented draft minutes from the January 9, 2018 PTA meeting for review. Bonnie Noonan made a motion to approve the minutes; Allie Ammerman seconded. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote.
- Ms. Maurer reported that the Nomination Committee is thinking about members to serve on next year’s Board. Volunteers are welcomed!
- Upcoming events include the Science Fair (March 8 at 6:30 pm at the BES gym), Whitman Cluster Math Pathways Informational Meeting (March 8 at 7:30 pm at Pyle Middle School), the BES PTA Auction (the evening of April 13 at Glen Echo Park’s Bumper Car Pavilion), and International Night (April 24 at 6:30 pm at Whitman High School).
PTA Committee Reports:
- Sarah Wolek presented the Fundraising Committee Report. Upcoming events include the Fun Run (March 17) and Ledos Pizza fundraising nights (April 9 and 10).
- Jennifer Jordan presented the Community Service Report. Upcoming events include NIH Valentine’s cards, collecting shoes for Bread for the City, and a Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser.
- Rachel Landau and Tanya Sisler presented the Before & After School Clubs update. Registration will begin March 11 for spring clubs.
- Dr. Barbara Van Dahlen, Founder of the Campaign for Change, spoke about the five signs of emotional suffering: (1) change in personality, (2) agitation, (3) withdrawal, (4) decline in personal care, and (5) hopelessness. Dr. Van Dahlen urged parents to be on the lookout for these signs and to offer help if you know someone suffering from them.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Allison Leotta, April 2018