PTA Meeting Minutes May 1, 2018
The Bannockburn Elementary School PTA met on May 1, 2018 at the Bannockburn Elementary School (BES). PTA Co-President Marget Maurer called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.
In attendance: There were 15 participants, including members of the PTA Board.
Welcome and PTA Co-Presidents’ Reports:
- PTA Co-President Marget Maurer welcomed everyone and presented draft minutes from the March 6, 2018 PTA meeting for review. Anna Estrada made a motion to approve the minutes; John Wills seconded. The motion was approved unanimously by voice vote.
- Upcoming dates to remember include: Staff Appreciation Week May 7-11; the May Fair on May 11; and our final PTA meeting of the year, where a new Board will be elected, on June 5.
Andrew Hosker of the Whitman All-Sports Boosters spoke to us about the artificial turf field that is being installed at Whitman High School. The cost was $1.35 million; MSI provided $1.2 million. The Boosters still need to raise $150,000 and are asking for each elementary school from the cluster to donate $5000.
PTA Committee Reports:
- The Treasurer’s Report was provided and copies were circulated.
- Jennifer Jordan and Erika Satlof presented the Community Service Report. Upcoming events include the First Annual Muscular Dystrophy Wheel-a-Thon at Glen Echo on May 19.
- Cynthia Chen and Sarah Wolek presented the Fundraising Report. The Fun Run had another great year, with 330 participants and 37 family sponsors.
- Auction Chair Stace Kimmel reported on the fundraising from the 2018 Auction. Sales of auction items raised $23,735, pre-sale tickets raised $3,300, and sponsorships raised $2,200, for a total of $29,535. The expenditures were $9,487. Thanks to all who helped organize this spectacular and very successful event!
Kate Bradley spoke about safety and security at Bannockburn and showed a presentation compiled by MCPS.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Allison Leotta, June 2018