BES PTA Minutes – September 11, 2018
PTA Meeting Minutes — DRAFT
September 11, 2018
The Bannockburn Elementary School PTA met on September 11, 2018 at the Bannockburn Elementary School (BES). PTA Co-Presidents Annie Estrada Postma and Kevin Kenney called the meeting to order at 6:40 p.m. There were 46 participants, including BES Principal Kate Bradley.
- PTA Co-Presidents Annie Estrada Postma and Kevin Kenney introduced themselves and welcomed everyone to the first PTA meeting of the 2018-19 school year.
PTA Presidents’ Report
- Ms. Estrada Postma presented the June 5, 2018 draft PTA minutes. Skye Stanley moved to approve the minutes; Pam Byrd seconded the motion; it was approved unanimously by voice vote. Past PTA meeting minutes are available online at: http://www.bannockburn-pta.org/aboutourpta/ptaminutes.html.
- Ms. Estrada Postma reported that the Vice President of Fundraising position had been unfilled, and that Erin Johnson Lentz had agreed to fill it. Skye Stanley made a motion for Ms. Johnson Lentz to be the VP of Fundraising; Kathy Hurld seconded it; and the motion was approved unanimously by voice vote.
- Ms. Estrada Postma introduced the 2017-18 PTA Board members:
Kerry Nagle Stanek – Treasurer
Erin Polak – VIP of Communications (Membership)
Terri Payne – VP of Communications (Directory)
Erin Johnson Lentz – VP of Fundraising
Dora Boullay – VP of Social Activities
Wendy Rosenweig – VP of Social Activities
Sara Williams – VP of Community Service
Erika Satlof – VP of In-School Activities
Avery Roselle – VP of Before and After School Activities
Pam Byrd – VP of Before and After School Activities
Sheara Krvaric – MCCPTA Delegate
Juliette Searight – MCCPTA Delegate
Susan Eagle – Cluster Representative
Catherine Bise – Cluster Representative
Marget Maurer – Emeritus President
- There are four open PTA positions: Secretary, second VP of Fundraising, second VP of Community Service, and NAACP delegate. Please contact one of the Co-Presidents if you’re interested in serving.
- The PTA Budget for 2018-19 was presented along with the Treasurer’s Report from July 2017 through June 2018.
- The PTA Auction will be held on November 2, 2018 at Praline Bistro. Donations are needed!
- Ms. Estrada Postma announced the creation of the Bannockburn Elementary School Foundation, a nonprofit booster club which will raise money to fund projects to enhance the school. Please consider a donation via check sent to the front office or:
If you can’t make a monetary contribution but would like to donate your time or skill, please email BannockburnESF@gmail.com.
- Important Upcoming Dates include:
Back to School Night: 9/26
Welcome Back Picnic: 9/21
Next PTA Meeting: 10/2
Principal’s Coffee: 10/3
Restaurants Nights: 10/15 and 10/16
Book Fair: begins 11/9
- Principal Kate Bradley presented her State of the School Report and took questions from the membership.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:28 p.m.
Allison Leotta, September 2018