Join the PTA
BES PTA Membership
Joining the PTA is easy– 5 minutes of your time will get it done! Our annual family PTA memberships are $50; and $10 for BES staff.
All PTA members receive a helpful BES PTA calendar (with all school holidays, early release days and PTA events listed) and an indispensable PTA school directory and access to the directory app (published in October).
There are various ways to join the PTA:
- You can join the PTA online at https://www.pay4schoolstuff.com. Click on “Get Started Now” or log in if you already have an account. If you are new to this site, you will need to take a few minutes (just a few!) to create an account. You’ll also find detailed instructions for setting up an account and logging in at https://www.pay4schoolstuff.com/Parents_Quick_Start_Instructions.pdf.
- You can write a check to BES PTA and send it to the 2018 PTA Membership Chair Erin Polak via backpack express (your child’s backpack). Just put your check in an envelope and send it directly to Erin at BES. Please include a note with your child’s name and grade.
- You can write a check and mail it to Erin Polak at BES via USPS: Erin Polak, BES PTA Membership Chair, Bannockburn Elementary School, 6520 Dalroy, Bethesda, MD 20817. Please include a note with your child’s name and grade.
- The PTA membership table will be present at most Back to School events in September, including the Sneak-a-Peek, Back to School Night and the PTA Back to School Picnic. You can join in person at those events with cash or check.
- Questions about PTA membership? Contact Erin Polak (email@example.com).
Did you know that your PTA:
- Sponsors a broad range of afterschool clubs as well as scholarships to these clubs for children in need;
- Provides three to four cultural arts and character education assemblies every school year- Funds the Artist-in-Residence program;
- Supports teacher training and provides funds to teachers for classroom supplies;
- Sponsors Math Day, Science Fair, and the Variety Show;
- Organizes many community service projects including Help the Homeless week (in October), the BES Wheel-a-thon, a canned food drive for Manna Community Food Bank, winter hat and coat drive for needy families and many others;
- Finances and organizes community building social events such as the Back to School Picnic, Craft Night, the Parent Auction, International Night, and our spring carnival, Mayfair;
- Advocates for your children’s education before MCPS, the Board of Education, the County Council and the Maryland State Legislature;
- And more!
MCPS does not pay for many of these “extras” we have come to expect and that our children enjoy. We need your support.