Before & After-School Clubs
The BES PTA and its partners offer a wide range of before and after-school clubs. Each school year, there are three club sessions: fall, winter and spring.
Spring clubs registration will begin on Sunday, March 12th at 8 pm. Clubs will begin during the week of April 3 and run for eight weeks.
- Book Club: Tuesday 8:10-9:10 am, for grades 3-5
- Cartooning: Tuesday 4-5pm, for grades K-5
- Girl Power: Tuesday 4-5pm, for grades 4-5
- Scratch Coding: Tuesday 4-5pm, for grades 2-5
- Spanish: Tuesday 4-5pm, for grades K-5
- Jogging: Wednesday 8:10 – 9:10 am, for grades K-3
- Morning P.E.: Wednesday, 8:10-9:10 am, for grades 4-5
- Cooking: Wednesday 4-5 pm, for grades K-3
- Art: Wednesday 4-5pm, for grades 3-5
- Beginning Tennis: Wednesday 4-5pm, for grades K-5
- Mad Science: Wednesday 4-5pm, for grades K-3
- Dance: Wednesday 4-5 pm, for grades 2-5
- Film making: Wednesday 4-5 pm, for grades 3-5
- Multi-sports: Thursday 8:10-9:10am, for grades K-3
- Chess: Thursday 8:10-9:10am, for grades K-5
- Newspaper: Thursday 8:10-9:10am, for grades 3-5*
- Strong Voices for Girls: Thursday 8:10-9:10 am, for grades 3-5
- Adventure Theater: Thursday 4-5pm, for grades K-2
- Afternoon P.E.: Thursday 4-5 pm, grades 3-4
- LEGO Engineering: Thursday 4-5pm, for grades 1-3
- Portuguese: Friday 4-5 pm , for grades K-5
*IMPORTANT INFO. RE. NEWSPAPER CLUB REGISTRATION: In order to have an evenly balanced team for newspaper club this spring, we will offer eight places each in grades 3, 4 and 5. There will still be 24 places total– but the places will be evenly distributed between the three eligible grades. If there are no places left in your child’s grade, you will be able to put your child’s name on the new waitlist option in Pay for School Stuff. (If all the places are not filled in the other grades, the first person on the waitlist will get the vacant slot, and then the second one, etc. until all the places are filled.) Registration will begin at 8pm on Sunday, March 12th; we will hold open 8 slots in 3/4/5th grade until Wednesday, March 15th at 10am. After that time we will go to the wait list to fill all the slots in the club. Students will be admitted from the wait list in the order they registered.
Please go here for frequently asked questions about clubs.
Sincere thanks for your support of our school, BES teachers, PTA, and parent volunteers.
For clubs questions contact Rachel Landau (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tanya Sisler (email@example.com).