We have a very active Community Service committee lead by BES parents Setareh Ghandehari & Jennifer Jordan. If you’re interested in volunteering to help, please contact Setareh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jennifer (email@example.com).
During the school year, the Community Service committee will conduct a wide variety of charitable activities for students and families to participate in benefiting different causes and organizations in our area. We hope you will find an event or activity that interests you and your family– but please do not feel obligated to participate in every community service event. We appreciate your generosity at any time throughout the year.
October 16-20, 2017: Help-the-Homeless Week
Get ready for Help the Homeless Week at BES. This annual PTA event is a fun and educational highlight for our children! Events include:
- October 16-20th: Baby Supply Drive to benefit Homeless Children’s Playtime Project (HCCP). Donate new teething toys, pacifiers, baby wipes, diapers, and pull-ups in the collection bin outside the front office.
- Monday, October 16th: Lunch presentation by Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless. MCCH staff will talk with students at lunch about homelessness. This is a great opportunity to have a follow-up discussion at home.
- Friday, October 20th: Lunch Project in support of MCCH. Be on the look out for a flyer with a lunch bag attached in your child’s October 18th Wednesday Envelope. Your child can make & bring a bagged lunch – based on the flyer instructions – on Friday, October 20th for the MCCH’s Men’s Shelter.
- Friday, October 20th: Mini-Walk in support of MCCH. This popular and lively event is held Friday during recess. Register your child here (under “organization”, choose Bannockburn). Your child’s registration fee supports MCCH. Let’s continue being the top fundraising school in the County! Registering is not mandatory; everyone is welcome to participate in the Mini-Walk.
- Empty the collection bin for the Baby Supply Drive this Wed – Fri afternoon
- Make flyers at BES for Wednesday Envelope