Parent Social & Auction: February 20, 2016
2016 BES PTA Parent Social and Auction- Tremendous Success! Thanks to all!
This year’s Parent Social and Auction was Saturday, February 20, 2016 at the Bannockburn Clubhouse. Attendance was fantastic and all guests were treated to delicious food, music, dancing and an extensive silent auction.
Kudos to Catherine Bise and Leila Aridi Afas, who chaired this event for the second year running. Special thanks as well to Nina Isaac for managing the checkout effort with such a cool head. Many BES parents lent a hand to help this event succeed- we thank you!
Stay tuned for total dollars raised- figures coming soon!
Below are some of the auction items that were available for bidding and as sign ups.
- Sports tickets: Nationals tickets (a variety of tickets available including two right behind home plate!), court side Wizards tickets, ‘behind the glass’ Capitals tickets, DC United tickets
- Redskins football: signed by Redskins great John Riggins
- Family activities: private tour of the Air and Space museum planetarium by BES dad Bill Noonan, Whitetail Resort learn to ski or snowboard package, Arclight movie theater, Sandy Spring Adventure Park (ziplining!), tractor ride, Imagination Stage, Earth Treks
- Private and group lessons: tennis, music (Bach to Rock, International School of Music), swimming, karate (Kicks Karate), art (Artworks), horseback riding, bread making, soccer (PPA)
- Private parties: Margaritas and Manicures fiesta, Private Poker Night (hosted by pro poker player), Glen Echo rolling dinner, Cabin John rolling dinner, and New Orleans meets West Africa Homestyle brunch
- Kid parties: Great Zucchini (a Bethesda rite of passage), Silver Star gymnastics, DJ for kid party
- Fitness: Pure Barre, Simon Says Yoga, Bethesda Sport and Health, Equinox, Bloom Yoga, Zengo Cycling, AND private yoga classes with BES’ own yogi Jill Holland!
- Dining Out: Silver Restaurant (new to Bethesda!), Fiola (DC), Wolfgang Puck’s The Source (DC), Wild Tomato, Irish Inn, Praline Bakery (BES parent owned!)
- Spa and Beauty: Dry Bar, Salon Jean, Citrine, facials, light treatments, vein treatments
- Exclusive shopping experiences: private party at Morley/Bethesda Row, private party at Everards/Georgetown, Beauty Counter makeup and bubbly party, Stella and Dot styling event, Armani skincare and makeup master class at Neiman Marcus
- Pet pampering and care: pet exams, doggie daycare, grooming
- One of a kind items: handmade jewelry by BES parent Miriam Weintraub, gorgeous hand knitted sweaters, photography packages, chiropractic evaluation, homemade Moroccan meal by BES parent Miloud Afas (yum!)
- Apple Watch! The gadget of the year!
- Teacher/staff donations: Principal for a Day with Mrs. Bradley, pizza/pj party with the 5th grade teachers, unique painting party with art teacher Ms. Ellert and Ms. V, movie and candy party at Mrs. Farber’s house, tennis lesson with Ms. V, call the buses for dismissal with Ms. Lange, ice cream party with Ms. Saha, jewelry making party with Ms. Seiler and Ms. Garrett, movie and pizza with the 2nd grade teachers, dodge ball party with Ms. V, media specialist for the morning with Ms. Schnure and Ms. Chen, pottery painting at All Fired Up with the 4th grade teachers, “Date Night” babysitting package with the 3rd grade teachers (they babysit, you date!), trip to the zoo with Ms. Hammond, Leap Day pizza party with Ms. English and Ms. Calkins, PJ/movie party with Ms. Melnick and Ms. Schmitz, reserved seating and parking for the Spring orchestra and band concert, AND an outdoor camping experience with Ms. Yap!